Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Blushing Bride" Hydrangea


This is the new Bigleaf Hydrangea that I added to my garden this year. I really like this one! The flowers are a beautiful bright white when they first come on. Slowly the flowers start to "blush" with a light pink on the edges. Now you know where it gets the name of "Blushing Bride". As the season continues, the white turns to a soft light green with more pink on it. I have about 15 different types of Hydrangea in my garden. I tend to purchase my plants in one gallon containers, so I have very young plants. I have the patients to wait for them to mature! "Blushing Bride" did very well for a young plant. The plant grows between 3 to 6 feet and needs full to part sun. The bloom time is between June and September and the mopheads are about 9 inches. "Blushing Bride" is a repeat bloomer. You can change the color of this plant by changing your ph. Give this Hydrangea a try in your garden this year!

The Creative Gardener

No comments: