Monday, February 1, 2010

A Visit to Irwin Gardens

This is a beautiful garden to visit. It is called Irwin Gardens and it is located in Columbus, Indiana. It once was a private home that now is a Bed and Breakfast called The Inn at Irwin Gardens. The home was completed in 1864 with the gardens added in 1910. The gardens were designed from a garden in Pompeii, Italy. The entire property takes up one city block in Columbus.












































If you ever have a chance to visit Columbus, Irwin Gardens would be a wonderful place to see.



Happy Gardening!



The Creative Gardener
Don't forget to pick!








6 comments:

Kyna said...

WOW! :D Love the photos!! I always pick weird things to be my favourite things in photos. But this time it's the spitting turtle fountains lol. I want some...:D

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I love formality in the garden. This garden is beautiful! Fountains, topiaries, sculptures, trimmed hedges - I love everything! What a great post, Debbie! Thank you!

Hocking Hills Gardener said...

Wow, it is beautiful Debbie. I love the fountains. Not everyone has room for an elephant in the garden. LOL!

noel said...

its a beautiful garden i love it, especially since thats my first name :)

tina said...

Awesome and hard to believe it is right here in the Indiana! Feels like it is Europe and so beautiful.

Janet said...

Hi Debbie, What a nice place to have available to visit. I am glad they made it into a Bed and Breakfast so others can enjoy it.
I especially like the fountains with the faces, one above the next. Very neat.