Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Garden in Review 2010

"Sycamore Gardens" is the name of my garden. It is nestled in a grove of Sycamore trees along the White River.

Looking out the window at the garden this time of year makes you feel that the garden is pretty brown and dead. The nice thing about taking pictures of your garden during the growing season is that you can look back and still enjoy your garden again. The 2010 growing season started out with lots of rain and everything grew very well, but I did have some disease issues that I had not had in the past. Then came the dry spell with very little rain. The dry spell lasted for several months and the garden, soil and plants looked pretty sad. Looking over the past seasons weather problems the garden seems to have survived and right now I am getting a rest from dragging garden hoses and watering cans around the yard. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the 2010 year.


Winter in the garden







The Rose Garden


























The Woodland Garden




The Woodland Garden




















The Hydrangea Garden during the blooming of H. Venticosa.

I have already started making my plans for next years garden. I hope to add more historical or antique roses, more mums and add rock around the flower beds. Today is a good time to plan and dream about next years garden while the snow is flying outside my window and those garden catalogues are arriving in the mail.

Happy Gardening!
The Creative Gardener
















3 comments:

Brooke said...

I wanted to let you know your post was
so beautiful that it is featured on
WebGarden today. Our readers enjoy
getting ideas and inspiration. I hope
many will follow your blog after visiting.
Thanks for sharing your gardening talents!
~Brooke (CreativeCountryMom)
http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
Here is the link to see your post....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/WebGarden/261885457648?ref=ts

Kayli said...

The photos are just lovely. I'd bet your having loads and loads of fun planning this year's garden!

Janet said...

Love the hostas, Debbie, unfortunately deer love them as well. Your woodland garden is a good one for me to look to for plant ideas, my new garden is very wooded in the backyard.