Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Book for Small Hostas


If you want to grow small hostas, I have the book for you. "The Book of Little Hostas" was on my Christmas wish list this year and I got my wish. I have very much enjoyed reading this book and found many good ideas that I plan to use. "The Book of Little Hostas" was written by Kathy Guest Shadrack and Michael Shadrack with Diana Grenfell as the Consultant editor. The book contains information and photos of over 200 small and mini hostas available on the market. It also contains good information on collecting, growing and caring for these very small hostas.


Small hostas grown in a hypertufa bowl


I enjoy growing the large hostas, but I have recently started collecting small hostas. Small hostas look wonderful when planted with other small hostas in the garden as a collection or by planting them in containers. There are many creative ways to plant small hostas and this book shows many good ideas. If you live in a retirement center or apartment where you only have a deck, patio or balcony, here is a wonderful way to garden that is easy to do and easy to maintain. If you love hostas, check out "The Book of Little Hostas".


Happy Gardening!

The Creative Gardener



2 comments:

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Debbie, thank you SO much! Small hostas are wonderful and deserve all the attention!

Bonnie said...

Debbie, do you grow small hostas indoors? I always wondered how t hey would do, as we have winter for 5-6 months out of the year.