Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day - May 2011

This has been a good growing season for the garden this year. I had my concerns for the spring since we had been very dry last year. The plants are growing very well including all the weeds!



I have moved my tropical plants to the garden from the greenhouse. This is a Bougainvillea.



The Foam Flowers are blooming all over the garden.





The native plants are blooming like this Celandine Poppy.









I really look forward to the Virginia Bluebells blooming in the spring.



This lilac never had bloomed until I moved it last year.






This dwarf lilac smells great and is loaded with flowers.



This Rhododendron was a Mother's Day gift from my son. It adds lots of color to the garden.





The Weigelas have been loaded with flowers this year.






I hope you enjoyed the blooms and have a great Garden Blogger's Bloom Day!


Happy Gardening!


The Creative Gardener








































































































8 comments:

Christine said...

Your blooms are all beautiful. I wish my Weigela looked as good as yours. The Rhodo is spectacular. Happy GBBD :)

Cameron said...

Your garden is off to a grand start for the season! You're so lucky to have a greenhouse to keep a bougainvillea. Gorgeous!

The Sage Butterfly said...

That peach Rhododendron is a scene stealer...such a gorgeous color! Lovely blooms. Happy GBBD Day!

greggo said...

Like the foam flower. Ive had the bouganvilla out for a month now here in kansas. Last year I put it in the ground and them dug it up and put it back in a pot for inside. Did very well, wasn't very pretty for awhile.

Donna said...

What an incredible rhododendron color...and the weigela...mine have not bloomed yet but boy can they put on a show..

Larry said...

This is a very nice post with many beauties being shared... it donned on me while I was reading through your site that I don't have a single foam flower... after one bad experience, I never tried them again. My garden has changed a lot since that time, and looking at yours makes me want to reconsider! Larry

scottweberpdx said...

Beautiful post...I especially love those Foam flowers...such a lovely drift of color!

scottweberpdx said...

That drift of Tiarella is stunning...so very charming!