Monday, October 15, 2012

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day - October 2012

 
 Last month, I mentioned in my blog that a special event was going to happen in the garden.  If  you are looking at the pictures, you now know what the event happened to be.  I was asked to host a wedding in my garden.  I always thought my garden could be a beautiful spot for a wedding.  I was delighted when my son asked if he and his future wife could be married in the garden.  I did worry about the appearance of the garden due to a long period of drought, early cold temperatures and if we could have rain. 

I said "Yes" to the wedding and hoped for the best on that special day.  I had 2 1/2 months to try to put my garden back into as much bloom (after three months of no rain) as was possible for this time of the year.  With lots of deadheading and adding additional mums, I did have a nice looking garden with some flowers from roses,  'Limelight'  hydrangeas and other late blooming flowers.

Here are a few of the pictures of the garden for the wedding.


 Just about 45 minutes from the beginning of the wedding, we did have a light rain, getting the tables and chairs wet. Everyone helped dry chairs and by 5:15 p.m. we were ready for a 5:30 wedding.

 

 After the wedding, the temperatures started to drop creating fog on the river.  It made for some very special wedding photos by the photographers.  I can't wait to see those photos.


The gazebo had a rainfall fountain inside that was running with lots of lights and candles.  It looked very pretty in the evening.

 
And our couple, well they are happily married!  If you are planning or thinking about having a wedding in your garden, please check back for a future post on how to make it happen.  I will have lots of great photos and tips to share for that special day.

Have a great Garden Blogger's Bloom Day and Happy Gardening!

Debbie

4 comments:

Carolyn ♥ said...

It looks like a magical day!

Larry said...

I can relate as our older son and wife asked to be married in our gazebo and gardens several years ago... it was such an honor for them to wish to be married in the place I spend a large part of my life... congratulations! Larry

sensiblegardening said...

Last summer our son and his bride were married in our garden as well. I thought it was one of the nicest weddings ever. My parents were married in their parents home, what's old is new??

Landscaping Contractors Toronto said...

Thanks for the post.
Landscaping Toronto