Monday, December 30, 2013

A Visit From the Eagle


It is a very cold day outside with some snow flurries. That being said, it is a great day to do some writing inside a warm house. I was trying to decide what to write about on my blog today when the blog story flew into the neighbor's yard. We have a pair of nesting eagles that live north of our property on the White River. I have seen them flying down the river on occasions when I have been gardening, but I never was able to take a photo or have a camera available when I needed one. 

 
Today, my husband was working in the cabin when he spotted the eagle sitting in the tree in the neighbor's yard. He called up to the house to tell me. I grabbed the camera and my coat and headed down towards the river. Sitting high in a sycamore tree overlooking the river was a bald eagle. I started taking pictures and slowly moved closer and closer to the tree. The eagle's back was towards me and I was able to get close enough that he didn't see me. I took lots of photos of this majestic bird.
 

 
It was wonderful to see this bird living free and surviving in the city. It is just not every day that you get this opportunity to view an eagle up close. Suddenly the eagle ruffled it's feathers and leaped from the limb into full flight over the river.




I continued to watch him as he flew back up the river until he disappeared from view. Hopefully, I will get to see the eagle again and just maybe, I will have the opportunity to photograph him again in the future.

Happy Gardening!

Debbie

I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and "Happy New Years".  Check back for my next blog on "Eagles in Indiana".

1 comment:

Helen Malandrakis said...

Wonderful pictures! Happy and healthy new year to you and your family!