Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spring has Sprung

 
Spring has arrived in my North Carolina garden and it has been exciting watching the garden come to life. Most of the plants that I moved and planted are breaking ground. Each day something new in the garden appears. I have been cleaning out new garden sites and discovering plants that I did not know were in the garden. I was delighted to find that the two dogwoods in the front yard were actually four dogwoods and two are white and two are pink. The front of the house will look great when they are in full bloom. The top picture shows the first of the dogwoods starting to blooming.

 
I have cleaned out one new garden site and given it a Japanese garden design. I continue to add stone to the site and I have planted several different colors of azaleas and camellias to this area.

 
I have been adding rock to the creek bed area and collecting moss to age the area and the Japanese garden.
 
We are having the wood retaining wall removed and replaced next week. That should improve the look of the garden. The plants in this garden are really growing very well. I do wish we would get more rain. It has been very dry for this time of the year.

 
My husband and I have leveled a small section of the garden for a storage shed. The shed is to be installed in about two weeks. I really need space for my garden tools and we have a small 8 x 12 cedar shed being installed that will match the house colors and have two window boxes for flowers. I am looking forward to having a place to store my tools. I am really tired of having to search for tools when I need them.

 
This is the retaining wall that is being replaced next week. After it is complete, I will add additional gravel to the lower path area and give the area a good weeding.

 
The garden is starting to show color in blooms. The following photos show some of the flowers and new plants that I have added.




 
That gives you an update on the progress of the new garden. In two weeks the shed and retaining walls will be complete. I am excited to see everything coming together - finally!

Have a wonderful Easter and Happy Gardening!

Debbie

Update - The pond fish are doing very well in their new home and it seems that we have baby fish now in the pond!

No comments: