Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Lychnis flos-cuculi 'Petite Jenny'


Last year I received a new plant for the garden called  'Petite Jenny'. Lychnis flos-cuculi 'Petite Jenny' is an early bloomer with masses of pink flowers. This past year we were in drought and the plant did not bloom and I was hoping it would just survive the lack of rain. Now that we are into spring the rain has been good and 'Petite Jenny' really put on a show of blooms and continues to bloom. 

'Petite Jenny' is a double-flowered dwarf of  'Jenny' which is an introduction from Blooms of Bressingham. The flowers are sterile and are a lavender-pink color on tall stems. It started blooming in my mountain garden in April and has been beautiful. The flowers grow on stems that are from 14 to 18 inches tall. 'Petite Jenny' prefers sun to part shade and in my garden she is in full sun. She  grows in zones 5-7. 'Petite Jenny' should bloom into fall and I look forward to having her bloom that long in my garden.

The last two years have been drought and finally we are getting lots of rain and the garden is really coming into bloom. I spent the winter installing drip irrigation for the garden and now we get rain. Not complaining! The year is not over yet!

Happy Gardening!
Debbie


No comments: